Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Favorite Things


1. The New York Times Sunday Crossword Puzzle:
Which I have come to associate with being at home on the weekends, in my pajamas, in my parents' cozy kitchen. Even if the only solutions I can contribute are to the pop culture questions, nothing boosts your ego like answering the Sunday puzzle's answers. Also, the only part of the newspaper that is bearable to look at currently.

2. Sabrina Ward Harrison:
By far one of the coolest journaling-artists ever. Her books, art & etc. are inspiring and beautiful. Get her journals out of the library, get a cup of coffee, and read them over and over. I find myself writing down things she says all the time (as well as quotes she has taken from others.) Harrison has a soul-feeding quality about her writing that I think every woman can really, deeply relate to; she has probably inspired me to do art more than any other artist ever has. Truly.


3. Blood Bank, by Bon Iver:
The kind of song for a rainy day, when it's okay to stay inside and be a little sad. Just a little. I know it's not a new song, but it's one of my favorites and I'm just feeling a little alternative-angsty today. Listen here.

4. Leah Cole:
Who is in London, but doesn't seem all that far away after all. Because she is awake at 4:30 in the morning...er, make that 5:30 in the morning...when I need to talk and no one else is awake. And she's really the person I was wanting to talk to anyway. Also because we are going to spend a month in Europe together and see lots of incredible castles.

5. The Good, Old-fashioned Bomb Shelter:

I'm only half joking. It's probably a good idea to get one. And some canned water.



1 comment:

  1. 1. I think we should work on crosswords in Europe
    2. Really cool.
    3. Good song.
    4. I'm so glad you want to go to that castle too!
    5. But really...
    6. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete