Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Family Reunion Dream

I'm the passenger in a car headed to a family reunion. We drive to my neighborhood, but the streets look unfamiliar even though I know I'm in the right place. We parallel park the car (not very well) in a hurry and walk to the house where the reunion is being held.There are dead leaves all over the ground and it feels like Fall. From the outside, the big old house isn't one I recognize at all, but once I'm inside I know it is the house of a childhood friend. Though I am entirely positive this is my family reunion,no one from my family is actually there, and the people I came with aren't my family members either.

The next thing I know I am sitting alone in the dining room playing with Legos. After some time, three of my friends arrive and join me. I have the feeling I'd rather not share my Legos with them, so I melt some of the pieces with a candle. My friend whose house it is has two twin baby sisters and everyone is talking about how they're going to get married soon (to each other). I feel uncomfortable about this since they are much too young to be getting married, and so I leave the dining room and go into the living room where there are a lot of people socializing.

I awkwardly interject myself into a conversation that somehow turns into a discussion of Halloween costumes. Everyone is posing ideas for a friend of mine and her mother about what they should dress up as next year. My friend whose house it is suggests the idea of "Queen" and someone else says one of them might consider being a mouse. I tell my friend's mother I think she should dress up as a Desktop Background. Then I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment