Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Thank Goodness!

Brian got a little bit hungry waiting for his dinner.
There are a lot of things to be excited about lately:


1. I played frisbee in the park on Monday. In the sun. And drank mexican beer on a patio and ate my dinner with friends. And as I sat there watching the sun set over the bay (I know, it was a pretty remarkable day), I was so incredibly thankful for each and every person who has impacted my life here in Bellingham. Particularly the two boys with whom I share the majority of my time, my issues, my successes and especially my meals. The three of us are close in a way I haven't ever been close with any other group of friends, and we've shared a lot over the last two years. I don't know what I'll do without them when I move away, they are truly my family here.


2. I received some very positive feedback on my first writing submission for my dream-writing class. Considering that the last time I took a class with this professor, I cried during his office hours...I'd say that's pretty remarkable. I feel proud of myself. Read the first draft here: Chartreuse Couch


3. I planted seeds with kids for six hours today. All of them were genuinely excited at the prospect of witnessing a plant grow. Every. Single. One. That's just awesome.


4. In less than two months, and permanently for the first time in four years, RELM will all be living within 25 minutes of each other. This makes me happy beyond belief, and eases my mind a bit when I think of leaving the good people I love here. There is something indescribably wonderful about the friendship I share with these girls, and the relationship that stands between the four of us, and I can't wait to be with all of them more frequently. Our paths have already forked and twisted far from each others', but it's nice to know that before we journey off into whatever is to come, there will be at least a few months to pause and be together. That's mushy, but who cares.


5. Finally, or at least lastly on this list, I splurged and bought eight wonderfully colored Super Furby colored pencils from work on Sunday. They are the apples of my eye and so lovely that they absolutely deserve their own pencil case, or cup, or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment