Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Pop

Much to my chagrin Tom really wants a tattoo of an oriental poppy and he's nominated me to be his tattoo artist. This is made possible by his brother in law who owns all his own tattooing equipment, and who also is very into the idea of me learning this craft. While I'm fairly up for the idea of learning how to tattoo, the thought of scarring Tom forever is pretty horrifying. So I've been practicing poppies day and night. Also, while I'm on the topic of poppies, I saw Betsy's poppy popped today (very exciting news!). 

My week had started out kind of poorly, with a geography test this morning, but I tried hard to turn it around and I feel successful. Matt and I took full advantage of the lovely day and drove out to Deming for some beer & pizza at the Northfork Brewery, and I planted a lot of seeds, some marigolds, and transplanted my Earth Day seedlings that I started at work. 

The apartment hunt is also increasing my stress levels significantly, it's becoming hard to give a damn about anything school related, and my (lovely) mother keeps buying plane tickets that will prevent me from getting any kind of real job until the middle of July. Maybe I'll just slit my wrists sling pizza for another year or two? Hopefully not.

On the bright side, I am totally psyched about this season of growing. I want my own garden so badly. I came home from all my activities today and prodded around in the little raised bed I built last summer, and thought to myself that we really cannot help turning into our mothers. I even put on my old jeans and stuff. Like a total plant nerd. Next thing you know I'm going to be hosting plant sales on the balcony of my apartment with my best friend or something. 

Ridiculous. 

2 comments: