Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Lately...

The last week has been a complete whirlwind, and I'm having a feeling that the next twenty days--and then even into the summer--are going to be more of the same thing.

I am officially 22, had a wonderful birthday with my family and friends, and even got a nice new tattoo with Ms. Hopfauf on Thursday. Personally I'm pretty darn pleased with it.

Then I spent the weekend hanging out with my favorite family of kiddos, cooking a lot of corndogs and watching Spongebob and Simpsons episodes over and over. My (perhaps annual?) stay with these boys is as big a dose of birth control as anyone could ever need because, though I love them and enjoy them very much, I am exhausted by the end of three days and can't even imagine being a full--time mom right now. BUT the best news out of it all is that Tom and I were gifted three free months of rent from this lovely family, and will be moving into their mother-in-law sort of apartment within the next couple of weeks (I'll move in a little later, obviously, but I can begin the process!) I am so grateful and relieved that we don't have to worry about trying to find a house right away while I'm doing a million things this summer, and it's a perfect space for the two of us for now. Also, and maybe most importantly...not having to pay rent means a lot to two unemployed people...and I think my parents will be pretty happy not to deal with a big load of crap landing in their living room.

Anyway, things have been dang good for me lately, and I don't mean to be bragging, but I am certainly celebrating a little good fortune coming my way. Hopefully this means I've been putting some good karma out there. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment