Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Just take a look at all those toothbrushes (Tom's cousins)

I'm writing to you from my couch--a new couch--and in a new place, too. The last couple of weeks have been ridiculously busy and I've spent a disgusting amount of time in the car, driving the I-5 corridor from Duvall to Bellingham, and once to Olympia even. I went to graduations and quit my job and attended family reunions and birthday parties and baseball games and moved out of my little house for good and started a new job. Thank goodness for Tom, who has been a huge help all along the way, hauling my stuff and tolerating my bossy and grouchy behavior. Now we're moved into our cozy little home just outside of Duvall, and I am definitely dreading the thought of another move any time soon. If there's one thing I know for sure right now, it's that I have way too much crap. 

It was pretty sad to say goodbye to my little Bellingham home, though it had gradually lost some of its homey-ness over the year. Still, it was hard to leave the keys under the garden statue and drive away. 1415 was in a great neighborhood, and I loved it for its funky little quirks like how the front door was impossible to open and the roof was infested with squirrels. Also, the raised bed I built last summer and planted full of random stuff is just starting to flourish, the poppies just about to burst open any day, and I was sad to leave that behind. I hope the new girls will tend my garden at least a little bit, though I tend to think they might not. 

Friday we'll be jetting off to Wisconsin, quickly followed by eight days in New Hampshire...but I'll try to be diligent about posting and making myself write more. It's hard to be productive when you have very little time to yourself, I've found, but there's been some poetry rumbling around in my head so we'll see if I can get it out and onto the blog sometime soon. 

1 comment: